Jayarava - Bricolage

I'm calling my Project/Object "bricolage" these days - working with whatever happens to be at hand. Still working on my conceptual continuity...

 

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Violence in music

Recently in the UK, the leader of the parliamentary opposition complained that the BBC was broadcasting music which might encourage violence. This letter to the editor in the Independent last weekend, caught my eye...
Sir, I agree with David Cameron wholeheartedly in his condemnation of broadcasting by the BBC of music which may encourage violent crime. Only last month I heard a BBC transmission of music by a man called Wagner. It contained graphis illustrations of theft, robbery, incest, a number of murders and a very nasty bout of boar hunting (with chorus). There was clearly incitement to carry weapons, with spears, swords and hammers in abundance. It also glorified bling, which is one of the most distasteful aspects of society today. Well done David Cameron! Wake up BBC!

John Mackeonis
London W6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home