Jayarava - Bricolage

I'm calling my Project/Object "bricolage" these days - working with whatever happens to be at hand. Still working on my conceptual continuity...

 

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Virtual Chang-an

This is one of the coolest things I've seen for a while. Some of the the propeller heads at the National University of Singapore have created a virtual Chang-an, the ancient capital of China. It's interesting to me because I've been thinking a lot lately about Kukai's journey to China and spent a bit of time reading about Chang-an as back ground.

I've also found, or redicovered this film of the life of Kukai. Call me rash but I sent money to someone, also apparently in Singapore, to get the 2 VCDs of the movie. Let's hope it arrives and it works, and it's not too crap. Leave the sound on when loading this page, there's a groovy Asian ambient sound loop playing in the background. OK it does actually get anoying after a while... but I liked it for the first 30 seconds or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home