Jayarava - Bricolage

I'm calling my Project/Object "bricolage" these days - working with whatever happens to be at hand. Still working on my conceptual continuity...

 

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Where do they hide?

Ah... It's been so long since I blogged. Where does the time go? What's jolted me back into action is finding, serrendipitously, a fantastic website. I can't believe that in 3 years of scouring the net for anything on Kukai I have not found this before. Bless you Ronny Green. Ronny has written book length bio of Kukai - extracts on the site, and translated some of his poetry. It so happens that I've been dusting off my little book on O Daishi Sama as well. I've got a little bio and my typed up notes on his major works with commentaries and interesting tidbits. I've been thinking of it as a thorough beginners guide the Kukai - something for the people who find Hakeda a bit too much, and Abe positively hair raising!

I'll all excited about another bio being available as Kukai is just about my favourite historical Buddhist, after the Blessed One himself of course. And the last one that I stumbled on, by Shiba, was such a disappointment. Thankfully I interloaned it so it only cost me 1 pound, but believe me it's rubbish. The extracts on Green's Site look great, full of insteresting detail for a Bodhisattva Spotter like moi. His photo looks kinda weird though... don't you think?

A good web introduction is available on Wikipedia. I can vouch for this article because I wrote it :-) and I have read it recently and it appears not to have been too heavily vandalised (don't get me started on the Wikipedia and edit wars!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home