Jayarava - Bricolage

I'm calling my Project/Object "bricolage" these days - working with whatever happens to be at hand. Still working on my conceptual continuity...

 

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Batchelor's blog

Yikes, these long breaks in posting to Bricolage are getting longer... Just discovered the blog of Stephen Batchelor (left) on the Tricycle Magazine Website. I was particularly struck by this recent post on the Two Truths. This is a good thought provoking article, which confirms for me that you can't take the tradition on it's own terms. We must investigate, reflect on, and test the tradition. In this case Batchelor draws attention to a development of a teaching, probably after the parinibbana, which obscures the fundamental insight of the Buddha, which he describes as: "the radical contingency of all existence, devoid of any intrinsic self-essence or God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home