Jayarava - Bricolage

I'm calling my Project/Object "bricolage" these days - working with whatever happens to be at hand. Still working on my conceptual continuity...

 

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Internet Radio

This is cool: Internet Radio by Pandora : music genome project. You put in a seed artist and it plays back music from that artist and from artists which the creators have decided are kin of similar. It did throw up some interesting stuff that I'd never heard before, Tears and Fountains of Wayne for instance. However there is a heavy bias to US bands even when I put in a New Zealand artist (well I would wouldn't I?). I left it running for a while and it seemed a pretty good sound-track to my afternoon. Aliens will have to fake a US zip code - I like 90210 - because as seems to happen quite often the designers can't imagine that the rest of us don't actually live in the land of the free.

Downside is that you ca only skip so many songs per hour. I skipped 3 or 4 and got stuck with a bogus track. However reloading sorted that one out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home