Jayarava - Bricolage

I'm calling my Project/Object "bricolage" these days - working with whatever happens to be at hand. Still working on my conceptual continuity...

 

Friday, March 30, 2007

New Blogger

Finally had to sign up for the new Blogger. It was mostly painless. Conversion wasn't obligatory so I didn't have to do much work on my six blogs (six!). However I have converted the jayarava rave over, and that necesitated a change of template. Actually I think it looks better now.

For a great dose of artisto-Buddhist weirdness take a look at Gunasara's MySpace - the blue robe he's wearing is his ordination robe :-) Touch of Dada there. A gentle trickle of FWBO people making it onto MySpace - it's an easy way to get a webpresence I suppose, although I'm not convinced that it is any better than having a webpage and a blog (or six). Many of the MySpace layouts - which are created on 3rd party websites - suck terribly. Too wide, can't read the text because of back ground images, and sound files that start whether you want them to or not. Yuck.

The latest rave goes back to Gombrich and the 2006 lecture series - metaphors. Cool stuff and I can only hope that he'll publish them soon. There's an interview with Gombrich on the Ordinary Mind wesbite which is interesting.

I've been relistening to the 2003 BBC Reith Lectures by V. S. Ramachandran on The Emerging Mind. His theory of language, particularly metaphor, involving cross activation in the brain (aka synaesthesia) is very interesting and one that I hope to work into my thesis on mantra.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home