Jayarava - Bricolage

I'm calling my Project/Object "bricolage" these days - working with whatever happens to be at hand. Still working on my conceptual continuity...

 

Monday, January 22, 2007

Highly sensitive people of the world unite!

How do you relate to these questions?

  • Are you easily overwhelmed by such things as bright lights, strong smells, coarse fabrics, or sirens nearby?
  • Do you get rattled when you have a lot to do in a short amount of time?
  • Do you make a point of avoiding violent movies and TV shows?
  • Do you need to withdraw during busy days, into bed or a darkened room or some other place where you can have privacy and relief from the situation?
  • Do you make it a high priority to arrange your life to avoid upsetting or overwhelming situations?
  • Do you notice or enjoy delicate or fine scents, tastes, sounds, or works of art?
  • Do you have a rich and complex inner life?
  • When you were a child, did your parents or teachers see you as sensitive or shy?
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!

If you also answer yes to these questions then you probably feel like shit. You probably don't understand why. I've found this new book by Elaine N. Aron which is shedding some light on my life. The book is The Highly Sensitive Person: How To Thrive When The World Overwhelms You. Available in all good books shops on and offline. Read it, it just may change your life, although don't blame me if you still feel like shit.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:36 am GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This book is good for me. Needed some enlightening on why I am overly sensitive on things around me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home