Jayarava - Bricolage

I'm calling my Project/Object "bricolage" these days - working with whatever happens to be at hand. Still working on my conceptual continuity...

 

Friday, April 27, 2007

Amazing Aussie Critters

Bull AntsOne of the things I like about Australia is the critters. You got your snakes, spiders, scorpions, marsupials, sharks, and then there's the ants. Aussie has ants! My friends will probably all recall my description of the Bull Ants at the Vijayaloka Retreat Centre.

These incredibly aggressive little Aussie bleeders are about an inch long, and they see you coming they stop what they are doing to watch you, their whole bodies tracking you as you move. If you stop then they run towards you with clear intent to injure. And they sting if they get a chance, and yes it hurts like hell. Some people may have thought I was exaggerating, but National Geographic this month have a feature on them, and you can see that I wasn't!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home